I couldn’t call myself a blogger [not that I actually call myself a blogger… yet] if I didn’t post my 2018 resolutions. I used to post monthly goals and that seems to work better for me than a whole 12 months of resolutions. I am also going to focus on a couple things a month, sorta like categories… so, here goes:
- Mind: Read two new books this month. I love reading [I actually started a short lived book club… as in one book] and wish I would grab a book over the remote or cell phone. So if you have any recommendations or book clubs I could follow, please leave me a comment so I can join.
- Body: I trained super hard for my 10k and since Thanksgiving, I have barely put any miles on my Strava. Since I hate running in the cold, I renewed my gym membership and added the kids gym so I have no excuses. My fitness goal is 3 days of lifting, 2 days of cardio, and one day of yoga/swim/stretching. I am also forcing Alex to join my gym [yes we currently go to separate gyms because we’re freaks] so we can hold each other accountable.
- Fashion: I want to work with more local companies. Don’t get me wrong, I love working with the big online fashion markets, but I also love connecting with like minded people in my area. I’m looking at you WRV, The Teal Eagle, Apricot Lane, ContraVan, and anyone else who wants to create some content.
- Family/Friends: I am the worst at keeping up with people. I’m sure all of my friends are nodding their heads because they probably only hear from me via my blog [hiiiii friends]. So I am going to try very hard to reach out and make plans with my local gals or FaceTime my bffs in other states.
- Blog: Ehh the big elephant in the post… I always make blog goals and suck at keeping up with them [see example: weekly outfit post, 10 things post, monthly goals post]. So I’m going to be super specific here:
- Create and stick with a content calendar.
- Create quality content and write realness.
- Create 1 video this month. I think I want the focus to just be on my life and family [not a product or tutorial] but I’m not sold on the vlogging thing yet. A couple people have told me I should consider it, but I need to linger on the steps instead of cannonballing into the deep end of it… pool analogy because I’m writing this while looking at my covered pool.
Let’s see if I can keep this up. First step, find book number one, create that calendar, email a local shop. Who should I FaceTime first… Kerri, Ashlee, Courtney?
What are your resolutions or goals for the year? Comment below so we can support each other and keep each other accountable… I need all the help I can get!